Did you know?
1. The Ancient Greeks were the first Europeans to read and write with an alphabet.
2. Greek was the official language of education in the Roman Empire.
3. The word ALPHABET derives from the first two letters of the Greek Alphabet ( alfa – beta ).
4. About 12% of the English vocabulary, mainly technical and scientific terms,derives from Greek. e.g mathematics, astronomy, geography, biology, politics, democracy, athletics, marathon, technology, electricity, antibiotics, telephone …
5. Almost every English word that starts with PH is of Greek origin. e.g philosophy, physical, photo, phrase, phoneme, phobia, phenomenon, philanthropy …
So studying Modern Greek as Foreign Language shouldn’t be that difficult!
Why not give it a try?