Learning is a continuous process. No one will be able to comment that they have knowledge about everything. You might be a scholar in your own field, but if you are asked a question about an entirely different subject, will you be able to answer it without any mistakes? Perhaps not! Another example is learning a language that is far different from your mother tongue. Learning a foreign language is not only fun, but it is also informative and knowledge-enhancing. Some of the languages can be picked up easily. Others are tougher and need a lot of practice.
Learning any foreign language is beneficial for adults. If you have doubts about this, then the following points will enlighten you about the matter:
1. Not all the books which have been written in foreign language are available in a translated form. If you know the language, then you will not have to wait for the translated version to be published.
2. Knowing a foreign language will assist you in discovering the unknown facts about a whole new culture. To understand foreign traditions, one needs to know the language, too.
3. Interacting with the people of that particular country becomes easy when you know their mother tongue. They will not have any problem in understanding you, and you will also be able to process their opinions without consulting your language book or phrase-book all the time.
4. If you are aware of a new language, then you will be able to establish a deeper bond with the people of that country. When they see that you are aware of their mother tongue, the exchange of ideas will be easy. It will aid the deepening of the inter-cultural bonds.
5. Last but not the least; knowing a foreign language will enhance your chances of bagging a job in another country. There is a high demand for polyglots, especially those that speak a less known language, like Greek.