Let’s Go Outside: Outdoor Education
In this course participants will learn a unique approach to connect learning and community. Through various workshops and strategies, trainees will be immersed into the unique history, environment, culture, economy, and art of their local community. Sustainability foundations and Place-Based Education (PBE) will be introduced to the students. A variety of useful tools and methods will be provided, on how to tailor PBE pedagogical practices to meet learners’ needs.
Topics that will be discussed include:
01 – Transformative Place-Based Education (PBE)
02 – Foundational standards of PBE Teaching Methodology – Pillars of Sustainability
03 – Intergrading Field Trips to Enhance Sense of Place for Students
04 – Examples of Green classrooms around the world
05 – Mobile Devices and the Internet in a PBE setting
06 – Leading a Place-Based Learning Classroom
07 – Effective Assessment of Students in a PBE environment
08 – Intergrating Workshops into the PBE Curriculum
09 – Choosing the right PBE for your learner’s needs
10 – Sample Lessons and Projects, Presentations and Assessment
Participants will be able:
– to create lesson plans based on the PBE educational methodology.
– to learn how to motivate their students and change their conventional teaching approaches, to student-centred approaches.
– to gain confidence in the integration of PBE teaching practices to the curriculum.
– to establish skills such as critical thinking, collaboration, use of new technologies in education, creative and innovative thinking in education, etc.
– to develop their English language skills through interaction with a multinational group of educators.
– to join a broader international team that will support their future needs in professional development.
Corfu is a beautiful green island, which enjoys a mild Mediterranean climate. Corfu is a very popular tourist destination. Up until the early 20th century, it was mainly visited by the European royals and elites. It is still popular with the global elite. The island’s history is laden with battles and conquests. Corfu was long controlled by Venice and repulsed several Turkish sieges, before falling under British rule following the Napoleonic Wars. Corfu was eventually ceded by the British Empire along with the remaining islands of the United States of the Ionian Islands, and unification with modern Greece was concluded in 1864 under the Treaty of London. Corfu is renowned for its long tradition and rich culture which is unlike any other Greek island. In 2007, the city’s old city was designated as a UNESCO World Heritage site. Here you will also discover a compact world of beautiful beaches and stunning mountain peaks, ancient ruins and picturesque villages. There is something for everyone on the island, whether you prefer peace and quiet or a lively cosmopolitan destination.
Get info about this course! We will get back to you as soon as possible with further details!
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 1 week
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 15
- Assessments Yes